City Hall of Lyon
The third biggest French city was founded 2,000 years ago and was then called Lugdunum, also capital of the Gauls. With such a rich history, Lyon offers many attractions, has an extraordinary architecture and a vivid life all year-long. The cinema is quite important here with the Lumière brothers who pioneered cinema in the town at the end of the 19th century. The historic aspect of the city is big and if you are craving for historical sights, Lyon is a great choice! Time travel while visiting the Ancient Theatre of Fourvière, admire the exceptional Basilique Notre-Dame de Fourvière from the Cathedral Saint-Jean or walk up hill to the basilica to take a great panorama of the entire city. The City Hall of Lyon should not be blushing face to the City Hall of Paris. Both of them are stunning. And if the urban life is overwhelming, don’t worry, Lyon is also home of the largest urban park in France, the Parc de la Tête d’Or. Lyon has seriously everything to offer to all of us! One more reason maybe: Paul Bocuse is based there. Lyon has unique and delicious cuisine. Margaret, who lived in the city for a few months, especially loved quenelle, a type of dumpling with cream sauce. Forget Paris, Lyon is the place to be.
- Lyon is the birthplace of cinema.
- Lyon is the silk capital of the world.
- Lyon if the gastronomic capital of France.
- Lyon was created 2,000 years ago.
- Lyon is the second largest Renaissance city after Venise.
- Dubai planned on created an area called Lyon Dubai City where they would have reproduced some districts of Lyon.
View of Lyon from the Fourvière